View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2014, 11:14 PM   #12
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Maybe my problem is related to the issues in this thread -- I've noticed the increase in spam, which has not abated since brong indicated that he rolled out a fix, but I am also wondering about personal Bayes filter performance, false positives, etc....

Here's what I wrote in another thread, before CyberDyne pointed me over to this thread here. (I've asked my other thread to be deleted by the mods):

----

Hi All -- Wondering if any of you have noticed an increase in spam lately... seems like there's more coming in, and making it through to the inbox.

Not only that, but I'm starting to wonder how well the personal Bayes filter database is working lately too. I've had a few more false positives lately, which is very frustrating since I'm pretty careful about marking the right ones as spam or not spam. Also, I keep on marking some types of emails as spam (so the Bayes database should be updated), but similar messages keep on showing up in the inbox... almost as if the personal Bayes database isn't weighted very strongly or maybe not updating properly. Anyone else?

Just not sure if this is a wider issue, or maybe just my account(s)? And BTW, this seems to be happening to one of my clients too (that I brought over to FM) that has complained that too much spam is coming in for his FM account too.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote