View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2022, 12:32 AM   #5
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Thanks for the link. I still am uncertain as to how much you gain by going to the trouble to create unique email addresses for every login, and I am 100% certain that down the road some people are going to encounter huge hassles when one of these services goes belly up or gets hacked somehow redirecting all your emails to some hacker. Sure, there is some spam prevention by using a unique email address for things like newsletters and forums, but I wouldn't want to use anything but a rock-solid normal address for something like banking or my password manager itself. If all your unique emails route through Company B then you are now dependent on them staying in business and managing your email security. In general, I find that email security is enhanced greatly by minimizing the hops your mail takes to get to your inbox.
Your email isn't being routed through another company. It still is delivered directly to Fastmail. The masked email feature just simplifies the creation of a unique alias to use for registering at some website.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote