Thread: Tutanota down
View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2020, 08:23 AM   #13
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

And actually, if I had any important business domains hosted with Tutanota, I'd already be migrating those domains over to another email provider right now and contacting clients to resend any urgent emails once the DNS replicates, or at least contact clients to let them know a backup email address. At least until we see how this all pans out in the end. Thank goodness I haven't put anything critical on Tutanota yet.

Over 7 hours of business email downtime would not be acceptable to me with important domains. And even for personal email it's starting to become an issue for me. So far in my relationship with Tutanota, I've mainly been testing them with a paid account, and I really have started liking the service. But this lack of communication is not working for me. Two tweets doesn't cut it for this length of outage so far. I get that they are in the middle of the attack right now, but seriously, leaving their users with so little information is going to damage their business. The Reddit thread already has some pretty upset users. I really want to like these guys, but I think this trial by fire is showing some weaknesses that they will need to address, and not just in their DoS mitigation efforts, but also in their customer service and communications.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote