View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2020, 06:43 AM   #24
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I think Kev Quirk's 'Email is not broken' opinion is worth a read.
Worth a read, but I disagree with most of it. He lists three things wrong with email: spam, privacy, and workflow management. First, spam is basically nonexistent if you use Gmail as I have since about 2006. If something does slip through, report it and you're done with it. Second, privacy IMHO is not a problem with free email services like Gmail or Outlook.com--he is really complaining about being served targeted ads. That is very, very different than privacy. Workflow isn't really broken in email--it is what you make of it. I have a workflow I like in Gmail, and a very different workflow in Outlook I use for my job. They work for me, but maybe not for you. What I think something like Hey breaks is they force you to use their workflow, not yours. If the Hey workflow is to your liking, great! But for many people I think it might not be. As I have stated previously, I have found that any automatic filtering of messages is not 100% reliable meaning I waste more time each day searching for things than I would if I used my own eyes and brain to filter the messages.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote