View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2019, 12:05 AM   #1
petergh
Master of the @

Thumbs up Google One Support Experience(s)

First, for a little background, and for anyone who doesn't know what Google One is, follow this link to find out what Google One is all about: https://one.google.com/.

I've entrusted Google to keep many of my digital assets safe, including documents, photographs, email, appointments, contacts, and just about everything else I have on my computer. I've tried (almost) every service that tries to compete with Google, including many paid services, but nothing today meets or beats the services Google provides in my view. That's not to say I'm a great fan of their business model, but that's a subject for another thread.

Since I already entrust Google with so much important data, it has been nagging me for years that they have no official support channel other than their product forums which have proven woefully inadequate (as most forums do) when the s*** hits the fan. Best case, you get a hold of one the forum regulars with access to Google employees who will pass on your request. In most cases, you are on your own.

That's why one of the main selling points that brought me to sign up for Google One was the official, human support they offer for all products and all Google One plans. Support channels include email, chat, or phone 24/7, all in numerous languages.

I contacted their support yesterday via chat, and I'm pleased to say that they were both quick to respond (less than two minutes waiting time), courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. After the chat session ended, a summary of the conversation written by the support representative I talked to was sent to me by email. All in all a very pleasant support experience, and even better than the support experiences I've had with G Suite representatives.

Anyone else here have experience with Google One support?
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote