Old 5 Dec 2014, 03:47 PM   #5
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
You do have a BlackBerry Z10 since May.
Haha, excellent. I thought we did, but I'd already left the office for the day so I couldn't check.

Quote:
Since BB OS10 is able to run Android apps and the new Blackberry devices come with the Amazon App store installed, it would be worth to consider offering the FastMail app there - after a test run to see if everything works fine on BB.
Putting it in the Amazon store is kind of a non-starter at this stage, because we'd need to support Amazon's push to make it worth it, and I still don't have evidence that there's enough people that want it to make it worth dropping my other work to do it (yes, I know there's a few people, but there's a tradeoff).

In some ways I wish people wouldn't try to hack the app onto their phone, because it skews my numbers. If I get any visibility on it at all, all I get is Android installs and I don't see the real platform involved. But I understand people wanting their toys, and if it was me I'd be doing the same.

I'll have more of a look at the Z10 on Monday and see what its like. Like I say though, there's no plans for a native client any time soon.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote