View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Email View Post
Killer, I registered with this address 8 years ago and had stored the login in a web page bookmark. The current url for www.cyberspace.com points to one of those stock default search pages where once an active website existed. I can still use Cyberspace Mail through a back door, but as I said, it only has limited functionality. This is what it looks like:

http://cyberspacemail.mail.everyone....56685157951251

The domain is parked and locked, but thanks to Everyone.net, the old email service is still partially functional. However, if one follows the sign up/upgrade link, it goes to a pay for service option plan. Once selected, it allows registration. I haven't taken it to this point, but if I did and paid, would it work given the status of the domain? I wouldn't think so.

You mean mails sent to user@cyberspace.com will reached your inbox? Unless everyone.net had an agreement with the owner of this domain to grant access of their MX server. Since I do not have an account I feel that this domain is considered dead and that backdoor link was to let affected users to retrieve their mails left in the server.

As for the signup link, perhaps anyone who signs up will end up with the everyone.net domain name example - user@cyberspacemail.mail.everyone.net. This was during the early days when anyone without a domain can apply for a mail hosting service free. I doubt that domain is working for email.