View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:52 AM   #1
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Please submit a complaint along with me

After I recently complained about the changes made to the way 2FA is done, ultimately my primary problem boiled down to this: Before these changes were made recently, the 2FA method offered by the FM website seems to have been chosen based on a MRU (most recently used) algorithm, i.e. whichever was the MRU method used by the user, offer it again, and if the user wants a different one, they can click to change it. This is absolutely the best UX for this function, because 99% of the time, the user will use the same method, and there will be no need to explicitly choose it. That's certainly how it was for me.

NOW, they've "fixed" something that WASN'T BROKEN.

EVERY time we log in, we have to click to choose the 2FA method we want. For someone like me who logs in 5-10 times per day (I tend to login and get timed out after 2 hours), this is a significant irritation. Why in the world should I have to explicitly choose each time, when I ALWAYS use the same method? It just means that I have to move my hand to the mouse, aim the mouse and click. I know, some of you will say "Boohoo, first world problems", but it is a VERY real source of irritation, and is something that was implemented properly before, working just fine, for years, and now deliberately made worse, for no apparent reason.

If you agree with me that this was broken for no good reason, please submit a support ticket/complaint to FM, and ask them to return to the old MRU algorithm. Of course I have already done so. Thanks.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote