View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2019, 01:52 AM   #30
benaboo

Well, MS finally got back to me. They're worse than useless. They're telling me my domain is blacklisted. Unfortunately, this is based on the current status of the server (I am on a shared server, but the email doesn't actually go out through that domain, the shared server is just a permitted sender from the service's main email host, which isn't blacklisted). I informed them that at the time, Fastmail's mail servers were NOT on a blacklist, and that they should use the headers in the message I sent to do the analysis, not the current status of the server since I moved it over the weekend.

The rep responded that he assured me they were using the headers I sent to determine that the sending server was on a blacklist, which is obviously not true. He was very curt and said this is entirely Fastmail's issue, and that if I had any other Office365 questions he could help, but otherwise he was closing the ticket.

I asked (again) what the coded messages meant in the spam header, to try to figure out WHAT exactly was causing a simple email to be flagged as spam, and he said "this is simply telling us the email was flagged as spam with a confidence level of 5 due to the content being sent from the email host, nothing more. Again, since the nature of this case is out of scope for our support channels, I'm afraid this issue is in the hands of the email host & the domain provider."

I really did try, folks. It appears that Fastmail is going to have to take it from here because MS isn't interested in dealing with a lowly Office365 administrator. Frustrating.
benaboo is offline   Reply With Quote