View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2013, 05:18 AM   #8
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Lightbulb Any string can be saved in the email and password field browser history

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Ok, but this assumes that
a) the same sting is entered in the user and password fields
I'm actually testing what I'm suggesting, and there is no requirement to enter the same string. If you enter "1234" in the Email field and "abcd" in the Password field, you get the same behavior I described.
  • Anything you see in the Log in to your account screen in the Email and Password entry fields is coming from your browser.
    • You need to clear the specific password, all passwords, or all saved website information in the browser to remove that entry.
  • Anything you see in the Select account screen comes from previous Fastmail sessions where you did not log out.
    • To remove these, you must log into your account and then log out (don't just close the browser window or tab).
    • You can also log into your Fastmail account and go to the Account>Logged In Sessions screen to see the Fastmail sessions you created on various computers (or mobile devices or tablets). You can delete any or all of these sessions from this screen, and you will then not see these sessions in the Select account screen on those computers.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote