View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2022, 08:19 PM   #9
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Aren't the apps just tied to that particular email address? So if you keep that address working somewhere else the apps would still be yours?
I can't see how that would work.

On my Android 'phone, I have 2 accounts - the one that's linked to the Legacy account, and the other to my personal Gmail account.

When that Legacy account no longer exists, I would then have to rely on my Gmail account - and the purchases I made through the Legacy account would not appear there.

Luckily, I realized my error a few years later, and began to purchase apps via my Gmail account instead.

Unfortunately, I purchased Aqua Mail Pro via the Legacy account, and currently it costs GBP £19.49 to buy again - and I don't intend doing that!

I would also have to re-purchase CalDAV-Sync and TweetCaster Pro - but those prices are currently more reasonable.

Edit: Google Play Store

Terms of Service: https://play.google.com/intl/en_uk/a...rms/index.html

Quote:
Disabled Accounts. If Google disables access to your account in accordance with the Terms (for example if you materially or repeatedly violate the Terms), you may be prevented from accessing Google Play, your account details or any files or other Content that is stored with your account. See the Help Center for more information. If you are the family manager of a family on Google Play and Google disables access to your account, your family members may lose access to family features requiring a family group, such as a family payment method, family subscriptions, or Content shared by family members. If you are a family member of a family on Google Play and Google disables your account, your family members will lose access to Content you have shared with them.
I'm assuming here that, although this quote pertains to "disabled" accounts, it would also apply when Google trash the Legacy accounts.

I hope I'm proved wrong!

Last edited by FredOnline : 20 Jan 2022 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Edit: Google Play Store
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote