View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:18 AM   #285
FortyTwo

calDAV sync fails on my (Melbourne) Vodafone 3G; yet fine over Telstra SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
I've mostly been working on syncing with external iCal and CalDAV calendars. There are three types working: iCal one way, CalDAV one way and CalDAV two way. ................................Bron.
I had been having difficulties with syncing between my android calendar app and FM calendar. No-one else had similar problems on the forum, so I changed both the app and the widget I was using on my phone, and then everything seemed good, until a few days ago. Early this week, I realised events weren't syncing either way between my phone and FM. I did everything - cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, to no avail. What had changed? Then I realised I'd been using my Vodafone SIM (in my dual sim phone) for data since earlier in the week. I changed the "preferred SIM for data" back to Telstra and tried the sync again - and it worked fine. Reverted back to VF and the sync failed (although I got no message - it appears to sync in calDAV app but it seems "too quick" to actually be syncing).
The VF SIM shows "H" when data use is on and the SIM is set to use high-speed data (not GSM), so it isn't failing because the network connection is too slow. Anyway, my telstra sim syncs fine on Edge/GSM as well as 3G.

So, I post this for info only. Maybe it's something weird just with my phone settings, or is Vodafone's network is actually preventing calDAV from properly syncing? Does anyone else use Vodafone here in Melbourne, Australia? I couldn't find anything in an internet search so it's most likely isolated to me.

Loving the FM calendar
FortyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote