View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2019, 04:33 AM   #8
marty1968

Angry Not excite'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFK View Post
Password change option does not work. I am absolutely sure that I provided correct recovery info, but it is rejected. Even more, I am not sure that when I opened my account this information was requested.

P.S. I was able to register new account but can not access old accounts. The probable reason: the password was weak (does not satisfy new password requirements of Excite) and new system somehow altered or removed it without notifying .
Yeah Excite has completely cakked this new 'experience' just to remove some old widgets they didn't want to deal with on their old my.excite.com start page, if they had left webmail.excite.com alone this wouldn't have been an issue... The forgot password is useless so I broke down and sent a service request with as much of this as I could remember since I opened it my account originally in 2000 or 2001 [or maybe even before that]

Your full name
Excite member name
Date of birth
Alternate email address (what you used when you first registered with Excite, or what you subsequently changed it to in your Excite Profile)
Zip Code (as originally provided when you registered or subsequently changed it to in your Excite Profile).

Had I known their website would have been so bullocked I would have written down the original info that was in there since I couldn't remember it all 100%...
I'm just going to start switching out excite emails with a more reliable gmail account on anything that requires it ...
It's a shame Excite used to be so reliable and stable outside of the odd downtime
marty1968 is offline   Reply With Quote