View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2019, 09:30 PM   #11
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Thanks, Berenburger, there's a merely a link there to the gravatar website on that page, and there's virtually no instructions there on the gravatar site. So...

I eventually figured it out, but I'll have to say, I only figured it out yesterday after trying off an on for over 10 years. Non-intuitive, esp. because it's a wordpress blog site. But I havn't fully figured out the process, because it was taking too much time...

I assume you have to put an image in your blog profile, that you then associate with an email address. That was a deduction I had to make. NONE of the videos on the gravatar site had anything to do with what I actually saw when I logged in. and No wher did I see that I would be logging into Wordpress... That little bit confused me for years.

I havn't done this yet, and probably wont, honestly. It's convoluted and, in my opinion, a stupid way to handle email avatars - completely unknown to a majority of email users out there. The 1000+ contacts I store in Fastmail, a very small percentage (less than 1%?) have an image stored in gravatar.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote