View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2017, 08:58 AM   #292
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran View Post
Hm. Very odd choice here. The pricing for 3 years at 50% off is a pretty nice deal for hosting my own domains, I think, and I like Fastmail's interface.

But if I understood the earlier parts of the thread correctly, people are saying they have the right to just take my money and stop service at any time... why on earth would I give them my money, then? I'd go with a company that won't do that.

Ah well. Mine was free and I've used it less and less over the years, probably time to let it go. I do feel for the people who are upset they paid lifetime and are losing their email, though.
I don't think you understand correctly. If you pay for an enhanced account, they're not going to take your money and run. People are upset about spending 15 ten years ago... But... Fastmail offered to refund the money, I believe. Regardless, most of them got their money worth... But I doubt they'd agree.

Btw, if any company goes bankrupt, your money is gone... Barring that, it seems fastmail has dealt well with it's userbase. I don't seeing them go bankrupt​ any time soon. I've been an enhanced customer ($40/yr?) since about 2002. I have very few complaints. I've always prepaid 3 years at a time.

Lots of emotionalism in this thread.

Fastmail is still an awesome company.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote