View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2024, 05:31 PM   #1
truemagic

Favourite Android email client

Because I'm recently looking for one that has support for multiple IMAP accounts and identities (email alias), I'm wondering what's your favourite one and why?

FairEmail
K9 Email
AquaMail
BlueMail
CanaryMail
Edison Mail
Nine Mail
Spark Mail
Samsung Email
GMail
Outlook

At the moment I'm using FairEmail, it's good and open source, well maintaned but UI is too simple for my liking. It has a one-time fee so this is one of the rarest email clients with such a "generous" offer. Other clients in the list (excluding the last four) are mostly subscription basis and they aren't cheap to begin with. Take AquaMail as example, it was sold at $0.99 few years back during promotion for the PRO license and they're now going for subscription basis for $9.99/month if I'm not mistaken (I can hardly find pricing plan and subscription plan on their website).

As for Blue Mail, Spark Mail and Edison Mail, rumours says they're cloud based email clients whereby we as users have to agree to have our emails served to their cloud before reaching the clients (that's just my rough understanding so I might be wrong). Again there's privacy concerns to me if this is true.

What's your take on this? Or if you're not using any mobile email client and prefer an app made by email provider itself such as ProtonMail, Tutanota, ZohoMail...etc feel free to let us know why this is your preference.

Last edited by truemagic : 22 Apr 2024 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Removed iCloud Mail as it's only for Apple :)
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote