View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2024, 07:08 PM   #15
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
One thing I have found over the years of trying various email services and apps is that my simple needs are better served by simple programs that don't use fancy AI and other clues to decide for me what to do with an incoming message. I hate conversation view, for example. Just deliver to me my messages in the order they arrive, and do it quickly. I then skim or read, delete, or archive. Plus, I want reliable and deliverable sending that doesn't get blocked by other's spam filters. And, lastly, I need great spam and phishing filters on the incoming mail, and that is where Gmail really shines. I have found no other email clients are close in determining what is spam or malicious.
I don't get a lot of messages, around 60 or so a day. You must get a lot. I check once a day, no alerts on email receipts from my cell phone. I use my client once a day, close it after checking and reviewing received messages. Messages are filtered in to folders. Those that get past the filters end up on the Inbox, Spam Unsure or Spam folders.

I just want email and that's it. I agree Gmail has excellent spam and phishing filters (probably the best). Their App, like most other Apps has more bells and whistles than I want but it does serve up my email in a good way. I just ignore the rest of the junk.

I use my cell phone primarily to check spam. I use POP3 in my email client. If I could I would prefer to turn off spam at the service and handle it my self. Unfortunately, Gmail, GMX, Outlook and Yahoo don't allow this. Yahoo is terrible regarding spam and telling Yahoo it's "Not spam" is worthless.

I may be traveling abroad for a month. My plan is to use the App if the service has one. For those that don't my plan is to use an App that lets me connect with IMAP. I am currently looking at Fairmail and K-9 Mail. I removed Samsung Email from my phone a long time ago. No plans to bring it back.

Last edited by chrisretusn : 27 Apr 2024 at 03:19 PM.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote