View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2007, 06:53 AM   #171
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhak View Post
The benefit of a large compose area is that one is able to see much or all of the entire message during review before send, regardless of how it will reflow when the recipient views it.
A bit OT:
In the current interface there is a "preview" action on the Compose screen in HTML mode. I use it very often (always if I don't forget to) and it is quite necessary because the browser based html editors are not very reliable. I mentioned several times that this screen can be improved to include more about the message. I think this should be a standard action in all compose modes to allow the user to review the message before sending, and show everything, including what's attached, where it would be filed, the added signature etc., that is serve as a checkout point where the user makes sure that everything's OK before sending. In the discussion of delayed sending some people wanted to be able to have email delayed a few minutes in an "Outbox" before being sent so they can go back and fix it if they remember they forgot something. I think a "preview before send" is a good substitute for this for most people. It works for me: I find mistakes that I don't see in the Compose screen, even though they were there. I don't fully understand the psychology behind this but it works.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote