View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2017, 12:14 AM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Providing that you think things through before travelling, the only problem you can have no control over is actually an available connection to the internet.

On my travels (admittedly not on a boat to some far flung region), I've never encountered a problem I couldn't solve.

For e-mails, having access to more than 1 e-mail account, and having it set up so you have all your e-mails available on separate accounts from separate providers (for example I have Google Apps, Fastmail and Runbox) that are secured with 2FA via Google Authenticator, and have up to date account recovery information in the event of any problem.

I also have travel documents (passport/tickets/travel insurance policies) stored in each of the files sections of the said providers.

As yet another failsafe, I travel with either a laptop or a Chromebook with local copies of e-mails and documents - with additional copies on at least 1 password-protected usb flash drive.

That might be classed as overkill by some, but at least it does give me piece of mind.

Last edited by FredOnline : 30 Apr 2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Added info:
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote