View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2014, 09:00 PM   #153
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
$5.00, $15.00 and $25.00 for what is offered sounds very reasonable to the point of being cheap (in a nice way).

The question is, how does a startup (forget about make a profit) cover its expenses at those price points?

More importantly, what is to prevent a one-man operator from becoming discouraged and throwing in the towel?

With all due respect, not sure whether to deem Jarland's plans inspired or quixotic.

--
Jacinto
Fair questions. Reducing overhead while improving quality standards in the hosting industry is my specialty. My secret is that I'm a very skilled shopper. When I take on paying customers I do not get the luxury of being discouraged and deciding to quit. A commitment is a commitment. With that said, it's not entirely a one man show. Should something happen to me tomorrow, Ryan would make sure that everyone stayed online. My wife also assists with support. Call it more of a family business than a one man show, I would say.

I started Catalyst Host in 2011 and ran it for a year with no paying customers, never discouraged and never giving up. I started our VPS offering at 3AM with a bottle of everclear and a credit card. I'm impulsive, some might say I'm quixotic. I have a vision for everything I do and I'm driven by a passion for all of it. Impractical, illogical, these are not new words for my ideas nor have they ever stood in my way. When I put my name on something I don't take it lightly. The value of a man can be found in the value of his word.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote