View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2017, 08:44 AM   #1
hans2010

Style sheet "Concise" (in Classic)

I may be in the minority here, but I like the "Concise" style sheet in Classic.

To cut to the chase: If anyone would like to see a "Concise" theme in the new interface, I suggest you submit a support ticket.

MORE DETAILS

I've been using FastMail Classic with "Concise" style sheet for several years (previously using the Classic, no-Ajax UI in Yahoo Mail Plus), and it has worked well for me. I like the color scheme and overall layout, and, being a "road warrior", I use an ultraportable with limited screen space and find that "Concise" works well in a constrained space.

In May, I submitted my suggestion to add "Concise" to the new interface via the "classicfeedback" address noted in the Transition Guide (linked from the Classic login page). I didn't get a response, so I submitted a support ticket in June. The response to that says that there's not much demand for the Concise theme, and input from customers factors into prioritization of requests.

So, please submit a support ticket if you're interested in the Concise theme. As someone said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
A senior member of FastMail's staff has suggested support requests as the best way of making them aware of improvements sought by users.
Apparently, there are at least some people who use and like the Concise style sheet, and I'm including some comments from them below. I agree wholeheartedly with Tosca's comments about the look and feel, and, as an ultraportable user, I think it's worth noting the comments from NumberSix and Labarum about compactness and the needs of users on ultraportables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosca View Post
I love the concise interface which is so easy on my eyes. The yellow breaks up the monotone of the grey and blue and for me makes navigating around much quicker and easier.

With the new interface and utterly boring color, I find after using it for a few weeks that it is very tiring on the eyes. The little yellow icons at each folder were a big plus as are the yellow buttons.

Simply said, the new interface is lacking contrast which would make it far more user friendly and easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosca View Post
I really like the colour scheme of the Concise theme. With this new one, it's boring with the wanna-b-gmail look. Colour always helps sort things visually much faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
the new themes all waste an outrageous amount of vertical space between folder names in the list. In Classic I use the "concise" theme, which is extremely compact. I love this (and although I'm not a fan of that color scheme, I've tolerated it because of the highly efficient use of real estate).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmus View Post
I am using so called 'classic ui' for years with very tight compressed 'concise' style. Will calendar be in the classic or only in new UI?

Please, dont forget about 'classic' users... enhanced users like me
Quote:
Originally Posted by labarum View Post
I'm guessing it was designed on a 27" iMac.

Some of use run ultraportables. Our needs are different.

All the current stylesheets, less Concise, are the same with different colours - that's no choice at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by labarum View Post
I use Fastmail on an 11.5" laptop - the only stylesheet that I can now comfortably use is "Concise" with a little browser zoom - well all the other stylesheets are the same but with different colours.

My next purchase will be the new ARM Chromebook with 11.5" screen and I will continue for the time being to use Fastmail Classic instead of Gmail.

I cannot be the only customer who will want to use Fastmail on an 11" laptop or 10" tablet.

Fastmail would be wise to think of the needs of such customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
I have noticed some recent improvements to the icons and buttons with FastMail's concise style sheet so they do appear to be listening.
hans2010 is offline   Reply With Quote