View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2019, 11:19 PM   #10
thisisnotgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I personally don't get peeved at free stuff going paid. I expect it! Seriously, I encounter these come-ons constantly. Look at cable TV packages, cell phone plans, connected car services, even restaurant giveaways. One joint down the street gives away free burgers when you buy one on a certain day, and I expect they find that it attracts people to come back for meals at other times. Should I be peeved when they stop offering free burgers?
I see what you are saying, but it's not the same. As you point out you *expect* it because: you are informed before hand or it's just common sense what the deal is.. When you are have an email with a company for 22 years and it's been free the entire time and you were not informed that one day they will charge you, you don't expect that to happen. In addition,those scenarios you point out do not have you held hostage. You can switch cell phone carriers with number porting. You don't get a free burger and then expect it again even if you were not told as this is a safe assumption...So I can say when a company gives a service for free that they don't indicate or is not common sense that they will ever charge for it, is a pet peeve of mine.
thisisnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote