View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2023, 05:03 PM   #4
psychopomp1

ok, things are a bit clearer.

It seems the photo of this unknown person (who shares the same first name as me) is the previous user of my fastmail email account, i believe he only took out the fastmail account as a free account (trial) and then didn't bother renewing, hence why it was still available to purchase. After a bit of Googling, I also found out his gmail account id which surprise surprise shows exactly the same profile picture as that which is attached to mine (and his ex) fastmail address.

Armed with this information, I got in touch with Google support. They have advised me that his old fastmail email is still linked to his gmail/google account and my fastmail account has access to his google profile photo, hence why it shows up in gmail messages. They advised me to email him asking him to unlink my fastmail account to his gmail/google account. I did this but unfortunately haven't received any reply.

As a last resort, i tried to login into google using my fastmail account and then chose 'forgot my password' at password entry stage. After entering my fastmail address as account recovery email, I will now get a google account recovery link sent to my fastmail account after 30 days. Whether this works or not, I've got no idea....
psychopomp1 is offline   Reply With Quote