View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2020, 02:38 AM   #12
InquiringMind

I have been doing some experiments, and I thought some other folks might find the results interesting.

I downloaded and installed Mailstore Home 13, and I also tried Thunderbird and Outlook 2016.

I could not get Mailstore to retrieve all of my email folders. I also had this problem with Thunderbird. With Outlook 2016 I was able to uncheck a box that said Only Show Subscribed Folders in Hierarchy, and then was able to show all of them.

Once they were all visible, I was able to create a personal folder on my hard disk and copy each email folder to my hard disk.

There is probably a way to do this in Thunderbird, but I was not able to find the setting to show the rest of my email folders.

I could not find any such setting in Mailstore Home 13 and also I found that it is very difficult to change the folder where you store your archive. I ended up moving the folder in Windows, then when I restarted Mailstore, it gave an error and allowed me to recreate the folder.The program does work fast, but I only was able to figure out that I was missing folders when I tried to do a search. Also, I needed to download a plug-in from Adobe for PDF searches.

So at this point, I am using Outlook 2016.

Hope this helps the next person.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote