View Single Post
Old 24 May 2018, 11:23 AM   #5
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieboykie View Post
In Rich Text mode there is an Insert Image button.
There is no "Insert Image" button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grhm View Post
The question seems to be founded on a misunderstanding.
As I understand it, images can't be 'inserted' into E-mails. They can only be attached, and then the text of the E-mail padded out with HTML tags that make the image appear to be embedded within the text.
The distinction between 'inserting' and 'attaching' images is illusory...
...isn't it?
No, it isn't I don't care how it's internally implemented but an inserted image is supposed to appear within the body of the email inline in the context of the text surrounding it. Attaching files is handled differently or should be.

As I said in my first post this behavior doesn't exhibit itself in Chrome. And FastMail tech support claims they cannot reproduce it with the latest version of Firefox either. But since I am not updating I suppose it is what it is. I use Thunderbird as my primary email client so this is more an academic puzzle than anything else. It's not like I am ever going to create email in the webmail interface.

You would think FastMail support would be a little curious what their html creation is missing that prohibits it from working in older FFs. Maybe not enough to cause problems with current FFs or other browsers but enough to cause a problem with older FFs. It's just curious that FastMail's webmail is the only webmail interface I've ever encountered that exhibits this problem.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote