View Single Post
Old 13 May 2017, 09:24 PM   #71
PeterB

Closing pobox account after 12 years

I started with pobox in 2003, because I wanted a "lifetime" address. Then I found how good their spam filter was, and soon found a use for aliases.
Their service was impeccable . . . until they were taken over by Fastmail in November. Within months I was having syncing issues and getting error messages. I checked all my IMAP settings, but could find nothing wrong. My IT guru investigated and concluded that the problems were caused by slow response times of the pobox SMTP server.
Pobox initially denied having such problems. I continued to have intermittent problems. I told pobox to lift their game or I would close the account having been a faithful customer for 12 years. No improvement in their SMTP servedr response time, so I told them I would not renew my account.
Their reaction was swift. They admitted a problem that morning with their SMPT server. Would I check this, that, and the other and report back, please?. I said no - I've wasted enough time. In fact, give me a refund for my last year's subscription and $100 for the inconvenience you caused me. I'm waiting for their response.

I suspect that Fastmail are milking pobox as a cash cow. Everything was OK before they bought pobox.

Is any one else with pobox? And are you having any problems?
PeterB is offline   Reply With Quote