View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2012, 09:13 AM   #345
thymara

I am neither a business user nor a power user, merely someone who wanted to be able to manage email using my own domain. The UI needed to be simple, intuitive and not mouse intensive. I use Skitch a lot and wanted the ability to drag and drop images inline. Ample storage for record keeping was a necessity.

I started with the "beta", quickly discovering that what couldn't be done there could be accomplished using what has since become the "classic". I particularly like that most shortcuts can be discovered by hovering the mouse over the buttons, saving me discovery time when I forget which is which. I must state that I seldom use the Fastmail UI unless I'm travelling. My app of choice is Apple's mail.app with the plugin Herald. Herald allows me to read and process all my email usually with minimal interaction and since Fastmail can be set up to automatically place mail in the folders that I want I seldom have the need to use any Fastmail UI. Bottom line, the transition between interfaces was essentially transparent for me.

Fastmail works quickly and efficiently for me, I recently signed for 2 years and my only regret would be the Facebook rumour coming true. Accomplishing my Fastmail objectives was easy, documentation was adequate and the forums have been a wealth of information and ideas.

Thank you Fastmail!
thymara is offline   Reply With Quote