View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2022, 04:59 AM   #6
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
When I send my email message to mail-tester.com it is giving me a score of 7.2 out of 10. It is counting a full point off because it says I am on the blacklist called SORBS
The link given earlier to details about SORBS shows that they blacklist for a variety of different reasons. I would have thought that recipients of your mails would be able to see - in those mails' headers - the reason that SORBS had not liked your emails.

Does the mail-tester website also show the specific reason for the SORBS blacklist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
As I said in my post I am not a company (marketing) but an individual person sending an email.
That may be so, but is not necessarily very relevant. What possibly matters a lot more is where it is being sent from. The problem might eg be the IP address of your device when it sends the mail to the email server that then sends the mail onwards, or the problem might be the IP address of the server that sends the mail onwards.

In the first case it's likely that the IP address your device has now has been used in the past by someone else, who sent spam. Note that the IP address that the outside world sees as yours might be shared with many other people; if you're on a LAN or a wifi network, it's the IP address of the whole network that represents all of you to the outside world. So if any of the other people using that have sent spam at any point in the past, that whole network's users would see this problem.

In the second case, whether the block gets lifted probably depends on who that server belongs to - if it's a reputable email company then they will probably have had complaints from many of their users and will do something about it (not least finding out which other of their users sent spams that got the server blacklisted)

It would help to know which mail service is sending your mails.

Last edited by JeremyNicoll : 19 Oct 2022 at 05:06 AM.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote