View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2023, 11:39 PM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Eventually my solution was very simple: a Google form.
Three fields (systolic pressure, diastolic pressure and pulse) and each time I submit the time of submission is recorded.
To easily access the form on my phone I had Firefox (on the phone) create a shortcut on the desktop. So with one click I get the form open in Firefox browser on the phone, type in three numbers and submit. The only annoying part is that the phone keyboard doesn't stay on numeric input when passing from one input field to the next.
For easy access from any browser I created a redirect from one of my subdomains hosted by Fastmail.
I had the forms responses saved in a spreadsheet in Google spreadsheets so I can easily display it graphically.
The reason I haven't thought of using Google Forms before is that it is perceived as a tool for collecting data from others, not from oneself.
Now I want to find out how I can customize the Google form so it uses less space so I don't have to scroll down on the phone from field to field, and also how to mark the input fields as numeric so I can get a numeric keyboard on the phone by default.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote