View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2012, 02:01 AM   #55
George_B
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
Thanks, soromak, I'm pretty sure it used to work with SSL, but however, the problem has been solved now by using "no encryption".

I'd like to come back to this "Local delivery" feature from the first page of this thread.

First of all, it works perfectly with the common SMTP settings I use with several mail clients. But recently, I also tried to sync emails with ActiveSync. Well, these "smartphone-built-in-mail-clients" are not as feature-rich as they would allow to select not to save sent mails separately. As a consequence, sent messages via ActiveSync are being saved twice (ActiveSync upload + local delivey), and so causing duplicates.

Is there a workaround for this? I'd like to keep the "local delivery" switched on for all the classic IMAP+SMTP clients I use, but these limited ActiveSync settings on end-user devices are causing this misbehavior...
Activesync is nothing more than a front for the Webmail. The issue is therefore also present when you send from Webmail. As a possible solution, can you maybe set your Sent folder to be the Trash folder ? That way our smtp servers will save a copy in the Sent folder and the Webmail/Activesync will save a copy in the Trash folder which you can then empty out.

Ideally we would implement an option to disable the saving of sent items in Webmail. What do you think ?
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote