View Single Post
Old 17 May 2014, 09:29 AM   #49
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko753 View Post
Proton website reads: "When you send an encrypted message to a non-ProtonMail user, they receive a link which loads the encrypted message onto their browser which they can decrypt using a decryption passphrase that you have shared with them. "

How well is this implemented. Easy to use for the receiving end? I recall some complaints from users of StartMail beta (using same or similar procedure), that such a process would be too annoying for the receiver. What is the experience of users here with ProtonMail?
I've not had any complaints, but I don't use it for EVERY email sent to non-ProtonMail addresses. It functions exactly as described. I can't imagine this can be made any simpler using existing email and browser technology without some kind of plug-in or add-on like Virtru. However, the user can only reply this way via the plaintext, unencrypted email, not the encrypted webpage. Given the way ProtonMail encryption keys work, this is expected. To be fully secured, both users need ProtonMail accounts of course.

Last edited by rockman : 17 May 2014 at 09:39 AM.
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote