View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2022, 08:57 AM   #13
smtper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I have one but found some of my mail would not arrive at some M/s & Google email services, so slowly went back to a fastmail domain.
That's concerning. How recent was this? Did you use Fastmail's nameservers with your domains? Did you try using your domain with other email services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
In my case, I found moving my notes and files was the slowest and required the most manual work on my part.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Fortunately, I don't have any notes or files.

Quote:
As to UI changes, good luck finding a provider that doesn't suddenly change the UI from time to time!
Hm, with current trends, maybe this needs to be addressed first. What provider has been around long enough and who doesn't do this? Or maybe we can make a list of those who do so they can be avoided.

Quote:
In my experience probably the longest lived UIs are good old Roundcube, which I don't like, and Gmail. Strangely, Gmail changes very slowly, and often provides access to the old version for quite awhile after making any big changes.
Gmail actually still allows using the basic HTML interface!

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/15049?hl=en

Though they've been making it hard to switch over the years. And because its the "old" interface, it fortunately never changes.

Now that you brought this up, if I don't find anything better, I'm considering switching back to Gmail. And migration would be super fast since I already have most things already set up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
If you really want to leave, Fastmail makes it really easy.
Thanks for the checklist of what to do!
smtper is offline   Reply With Quote