View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2005, 02:05 AM   #8
Gnome

Quote:
Originally posted by carverrn
Hi Joe,

I don't think the problem is actually with Runbox. Did you try sending the same message to yourself and view it.

I tried this and the message I recieved at Runbox displayed perfectly with both opening and closing quotes. And theapostrophe was just fine too.

I sent a copy if the same message to my GMail account and it viewed just fine at GMail too.

What browser are you using? What charater encoding is being used by the browser? I tried it with FireFox and IE 5.5 under Windows 2000 and both showed everything just fine.

Regards,
Rich
I have to disagree, sent copies from Runbox to Gmail and to runbox. Both were received with the escape sequence.

I sent the same message from gmail to runbox and I had no problem. The only place I receive an issue is when the sending account is runbox.

I'm using both FF1 and IE5.5 on XP and 2000. The environment is not making a difference. I'll run the same test with my yahoo and hotmail accounts tonight, with the following steps:

1) Type into Word
2) Cut and Paste into webmail
3) Send the message.

While turning off autoreplace may seem like the ideal sollution, I'm hardly ever at the same machine - hence my use of webmail. Shutting off autoreplace every time I sit at a box may be something I remember to do, or may not be. Either way, I'd expect my mail client to behave better than it is.
Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote