View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2010, 06:09 AM   #22
pmac

Former owner here...

Hi all,

This is Paul MacIntosh, the former owner of Emailias. As you know, Emailias was sold a couple of years ago. I was working with the new owner up until this past February, at which point I was let go from their service.

Regarding the closure, I and other members did receive a generic email notice a month or two ago indicating the service would be closed down on November 5 (last Friday). They also sent another notice email on the Monday prior to shutting down the service.

I don't know what criteria was used to select the email addresses to send to, but it seems a number of members did not receive the notice.

For my part, sorry for any inconvenience caused. I was not involved with any decision to close it down. I sold the company further the product with more solid financial backing. Ultimately, it turned out to not be a good fit (me and them).

Due to non-compete agreements, I can't start a new service (people have asked me). Also, due to some non-disclosure agreements, I won't provide info about the company that acquired Emailias. Sorry for seeming non-helpful on these points, but it's a lawsuit thing.

Thanks for the loyal members that stuck with the ups and downs during the years I ran it. I really tried to provide a good member experience and support. I enjoyed getting to know many of you. Sorry that changed and that it's now all gone. :-(

Best regards,
--Paul.
pmac is offline   Reply With Quote