View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2022, 10:48 PM   #23
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Sure, but I think most people worry about the wrong things most of the time. For example, despite using one-off email addresses for everything and never giving out your real address all it takes is clicking on one link in whatever emails that do arrive and you can be hacked. In other words, 99.9% of online attacks are random, not targeting you specifically, yet people worry the most about the Black Swan event of someone collecting personal information and using it against them. So, I would argue, it is far more important to use an email service that blocks or properly labels suspicious emails. And, the service needs to provide an effective way to block or report dangerous emails. That's a failure I have found with many smaller services.
All good points, in agreement, goes along with what I mentioned about habits and behavior online being the largest factor. All the alias paranoia and wizardry in the world won't help you much if you click on a bad link, for example.

And a good thing this forum still exists, since some level-headed and reasonable responses still seem to be the norm here.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote