View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2018, 09:30 AM   #10
rscaramelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
POBox.com offers domain hosting that isn't super cheap, like $17 a year for a .com, and also email that is almost the same as Fastmail, the parent company. 50GB inbox for I believe $50 per year. Google Domains ($12 a year) can utilize G Suite email for another $5 per month. Some people like Hover for domains and email, but I think they charge extra for aliases, which is silly. Namecheap is a great domain host and their Private email is very simplistic but reliable, and I believe starts at $9.98 a year with a 3GB inbox. I used Private email for awhile and it worked reliably. It is probably more secure to separate domain host and email provider and website host since you then have all your eggs in one basket. If something happens with the company you can lose control over both your domain and your email. With the email hosted by another provider you avoid that issue, but I understand your desire for simplicity.
What is your setup? I possibly could do the 2 service thing like I have now. I mainly want to get rid of GoDaddy and Google. I need to have my domain directed to my business' Facebook page and I need email with a couple alias'.

Thanks
rscaramelo is offline   Reply With Quote