Thread: Blacklisted IP
View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2021, 04:03 AM   #11
Rich_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
You mention that you use "mailbird" as an email client.

It might be brilliant, but - to my mind - anything whose website pushes the idea that "it's beautiful" and has integration with lots of other apps, means it's quite likely not to have had the level of programming attention required to make it fast and efficient and email standards-compliant.

The site has only a handful of questions in its FAQ and Troubleshooting sections.

Admittedly I only looked briefly, but I failed to find a "knowledgeable user" support forum. That's rarely a good sign.

How about "official" support? Have you tried to engage with them about all your issues? Are they any good?
I have used other email programs Ie: Thunderbird, Outlook etc. and the problems are all the same. About a year ago I took a look at this "MailBird" application .. and ended up buying it. They have quick and decent support. Have interfaced with their support directly about my problems and they have examined many examples of logs and have determined the problem is with my email server provider .. Ionos. Also have been interfacing with Ionos support ( I pay for that service as well) and they tell me I need to work with my ISP to fix the problem . (comcast) .. Over almost three years now everything and every one, keeps pointing me back to Comcast.

Before moving to this new location I used Gmail for a while. But when moving up here I dropped that. I might try that again here but have to look into being able to use it with my own domain. I've been told that Gmail doesn't embed my originating IP address in my sent email headers? I might try that as a test to prove whether or not it's the IP address that is causing the problem. Not exactly sure about that though.

One thing I've tested and found is when using the Mailbird program from my home and a laptop I find the MB log has a lot of connection errors, and time outs and the log usually says "could not connect to server" or "server taking too long to respond" etc. Yet if I take that same laptop to a place with a remote location with public Wifi service, all emails are lightning fast .. no errors and everything is instantaneous. I've done various tests etc. on my lan and internet connection with various utilities and no problems are found. My Internet speed tests are always averaging around 125 Mbps. History over last 2 years has shown highest at 190 and lowest to be around 90 Mbps. I have NO problem streaming hi res on line shows, and general web site access is very fast. But I do have more frequent problems now accessing some web sites these days due to being "blocked from access" (Blacklisted IP ? ). As mentioned before, SOME times I can get around that by using a VPN. I wish there was a way to use a VPN service to mask my IP with my outgoing email. Ergo my thought about re-trying Gmail.
Rich_A is offline   Reply With Quote