View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2021, 03:21 AM   #5
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camner View Post
Thanks for the tips...I'll give them a try.

Some followup, for clarity...I have lots of Sieve rules. Are you suggesting I create a "addheader" command at the top and bottom of EACH Sieve rule I have, to try to pin down which one is causing the difficulty?

And, what would I be looking for to "see which rule caused which action"? I would describe myself as having middling familiarity with Sieve...beyond basic but well short of expert!

Thanks again.
If you have many sieve rules then presumably it's clear to you that some of them, maybe many, can't be the ones causing your problem.

There's only any point in adding addheader actions to rules which might be involved, but you're not sure. You don't need both the addheader and addheader :last actions; choose one or other depending on where you want the new headers to be placed in any matching email.

You will need to put different text in the addheader parameters so that if - say - there's ten rules that might be the problem, you have ten possible variants on the content of the new headers. Then, when a mail ends up in the wrong folder you inspect its headers to see which of the addheader texts is present.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote