View Single Post
Old 8 May 2011, 03:28 AM   #67
Elmore310

1) Payment methods are under My Account, ---> Profile---> Service Level. This is too hidden for sure.

2)That has been a problem. They stopped disabling accounts due to a software glitch where paid subscribers were blocked.

The user forum does not exist anymore.

With all that said, Spamex provides usable DEA's that allow you to get email for a long time and then if it gets spammed, you can shut it off or delete it. They also have a blacklist feature to screen out spammers one by one, which I should have used to keep my cooler addresses alive, instead of deactivating them.

Other services like spamgourmet provide addresses which are too darn temporary and moreover, often are not ACCEPTED by the places you want to use them. Spamgourmet, trashmail, etc sound like fake spam-eating addresses and people on the web know this.

Say you download trial shareware and they want your address. You give them spamgourmet and they don't accept it. Now you have to use a real address.

Or say I sign up for a strange forum and use a spam chomping address. I go back months later, and I've forgotten my password. They will send it to me, but the address is gone. Oops.

Recent hacking of a major email service Epsilon has put my real email out there, anyway. You just don't think sites like Tivo.com will misuse your info. Another major retail site also lost my real address through the same breach.

Spamassassin running on my mail server and I are becoming good friends.
Elmore310 is offline   Reply With Quote