View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2010, 08:08 PM   #37
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
If I understand correctly, you (always) need this server to sync between GMail and FM. Will this server become a permanent one in FM's infrastructure or remains this a personal initiative?
I.o.w. How can I trust this server wil be available in the future?
It won't move to FM's infrastructure, I wouldn't think (it's written in a different language to the rest of FM). However, FM may create something similar in the future, and they're welcome to use my code to help them. (If FM do decide to host it directly in their infrastructure, they're certainly welcome to do so!)

Having said that: it is very likely to remain available in the future, for as long as it's needed (i.e. until FM release their own equivalent sync tool, or one of GMail of FastMail disappears, or removes their API). All the services I've created in the past still exist - including FastMail! The service is hosted on one of The Planet's "cloud" servers, so it should be stable and reliable (e.g. it's stored on redundant network attached storage, not just on a single drive, and it's connection to the Internet is through many redundant connections).
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote