View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2024, 07:03 AM   #24
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I also like having the folder search and new folder buttons at the top where they are easy to find, since I have a lot of folders. I have three devices where I’m using Fastmail - an iPhone, iPad (with Bluetooth keyboard), and Windows PC with of course both a keyboard and mouse. Keyboard shortcuts are often best for me, especially for devices without a mouse, so I’m very used to using “g” for finding a folder and “/“ for an email search.

With respect to moving messages, I have two Fastmail accounts and have one normally set to Labels mode and the other to Folders mode. The keyboard shortcuts “m” (move) and “l” (labels) work well for me, and when a message is open the “Move to” or “Labels” control at the top right are all I need. I find that it’s easier to let the folder/label search find the folder rather then scrolling through a long list of folders and dragging with the mouse (which isn’t available on the iOS devices).

When adding or removing multiple labels with the keyboard, you can use your up and down arrows to move through your expanded label list, then the Return key marks/unmark toggles that label. The space bar move up to the top (Inbox) and CTL-return (command-return on an iOS Bluetooth keyboard) closes the label choice dialog.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote