View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2014, 11:16 PM   #7
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
However, as for "inactivity limits", the last I remember, Microsoft advertised keeping accounts "alive" with a login at least every 9 months (or 270 days?), and I believe Gmail was the same. Since I'm not sure whether login with a client would count toward that limit, I might prefer to login through the web at least that often to try to make sure. As for, e.g., Yahoo, offhand I'm not sure what its limit is, but I'm sort of half-guessing that it may be about the same.

Although I mainly use Gmail myself, that may be more out of habit than anything, so I don't really feel inclined to recommend "a" service, except to say that Yahoo is probably the last one which I would personally trust of the "big three".
That probably would be best regarding inactivity indeed ; Hotmail/Microsoft/Outlook used to have a shorter inactivity limit I thought, but may be extended to 9 months just like the main competitors. I thought they also required some sign-ins the first week of creation, unless that rule has been removed.

I would say the same about Yahoo, not sure why but each time I see a friend using it it comes across as quite slow. Haven't seen the new interface yet, and in theory of course this should not affect the usage of them via an email client. But of the big three I'd be more keen intuitionally to go with Gmail or Outlook.com ...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote