View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2018, 08:30 PM   #5
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewal View Post
There does not seem to be an easy way of Importing and Exporting emails via the new interface.
I don't know anything about Importing stuff, but you can Export mail fairly easily. The option is well-disguised though.

Go to Settings - Folders, then scroll down to the bottom. Click the "Mass delete or remove duplicates" link. (I complained about the way that this is hidden and has such a non-obvious name, months ago.)

On the next webpage, choose the folder from which you wish to export stuff. If I want to export an entire folder this is easy, but if I have a selection of mails to export, I generally first move them into a 'work' folder that contains nothing else, then choose that folder here.

Then use the "Purge/download messages" options. Blank-out the "Before date" and "Larger than" conditions if you want all the mails in your chosen folder, otherwise set criteria to limit the choice. Click "Calculate Size" to check that your choice is finding the right number of mails, and if it did, click "Download messages in zip". You'll be emailed when the FM server has created the zip.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote