View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:30 AM   #1
tyler4402

My pw is always rejected

Hi all
I am now at my wits end after hours and hours of juggling about with my email settings and getting no result.
I use Thunderbird as a platform for my two email addresses and in the last 5 yrs or so I have never had the Sky address working properly, my latest attempt to make the sky address work has resulted in the google account refusing to work as well, and now I cannot send or receive from either account's.

I have checked and rechecked the server settings and tried both imap and pop settings and their respective port numbers to no avail, I have also turned on both imap and pop in the google mail app, and before I send/ receive mail I am now asked for a password, the frustrating thing is I have tried the pw that I have saved for the account and every pw that I have saved and nothing works.
In my frustration, I deleted the Sky account, and each time I try to make a new Sky account it states that the “Configuration could not be verified, Username or Password” is wrong ( so again the new pw I just made and entered was rejected) as was all the others I have tried
I do not know what to try next and any pointer will be most welcome. Regards Robert
tyler4402 is offline   Reply With Quote