Thread: Undelete bug!
View Single Post
Old 19 May 2019, 02:07 AM   #5
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks for your thoughts.

We disagree. I think if something is moved to trash, undelete should move it out of the trash. If it was moved there by a script, it should move back to where it would have been without the move to trash, which is the inbox, probably. Alternatively, always moving such a message to the inbox would be a reasonable action to take on undelete too. In SIEVE, every message starts out in the inbox; if you make a copy with SIEVE, you put a copy somewhere else; then you have two copies : one in the inbox and one in that other place.

The documentation gave me the impression that the functionality I was trying to achieve by creating a sub folder of trash would work. I wouldn’t have done it otherwise. So I consider it a bug that it doesn’t. And you can disagree.

( I’m still concerned about the bug I’ve reported, and I have added information on what I consider another bug. So I would guess I’ve committed to send those two topics in one thread. Please forgive me.So I would guess I’ve committed to send those two topics in one thread. Please forgive me. I don’t think I changed the initial issue. )
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote