Old 19 Aug 2019, 10:51 PM   #14
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
I expect the aliases below
... ...
can you support that?
Nearly all of the posters here are users of email services. So maybe you should ask “can Fastmail support that?”

If you meant to ask if Fastmail could support those four domains (as opposed to aliases), Fastmail does not offer any domains ending with .io or .me as standard domains for aliases. Of course, if you own any of those four domains you can use them for Fastmail email if you have a Standard or better account.

Are you asking whether those local-parts of email addresses are available as aliases at Fastmail domains, such as Fastmail.me@fastmail.com or Fastmail.me@eml.cc? As I stated earlier in this thread, you can’t use aliases which begin with “fastmail” for use with Fastmail-owned domains. So no, you can’t use Fastmail.io or Fastmail.me as aliases at Fastmail-owned domains.

But you can use aliases such as “FM.me” and “FM.io” at Fastmail domains if they are not in use. I just created these at a Fastmail domain testing this, so now you won’t be able to use those two aliases at that domain. This shows why I believe that it’s a bad idea to publicly discuss specific email addresses or domains which don’t yet exist - others can grab that address or domain before you do!

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote