View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2016, 05:59 PM   #4
Mugwhamp
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
Good day.

The statements are, basically, feel good and self-serving. As we all know, anyone can write anything she or he likes and try to convince others that it is godspeak.

I have no problem with Fastmail giving itself so many kudos, however, the reality is not what FM wants to make us believe. Technically, FM is a class act. Regrettably, at the interpersonal level, it seems to have lost the milk of human kindness.

Why a company chooses to move announcements and some customer support to public media is incomprehensible to me. I don't do Facemail, Tweeter or their ilk.

Fastmail has basically abandoned EMD. Certainly, some comments (including some of my own) have been harsh, but never insulting. We all want FM to prosper, but we also want FM to stop being so thinned-skinned and to listen to its paying subscribers. Fastmail needs to stop assuming that only it knows what is best for its users.

I remember reminding Rob Mueller many years ago that it can take years to gain a customer, but only a split second to lose one. Apparently, my advice went unheeded.

--
Jacinto
FM can't possibly cater to every user's whims or predilections in terms of the platforms they use to communicate. As they have expanded their user base, they have expanded beyond EMD--though I still see them on here quite a bit--and into the most common platforms frequented today. I've interacted with them at the highest levels, both on here, on Twitter, and when support issues have arisen, and I'm just a common customer, not some hi-tech guru. Of all the companies I use for a variety of purposes, FM is among the most responsive, and have been for the 12 years I've used the service. Zero problems here.
Mugwhamp is offline   Reply With Quote