View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 05:12 PM   #23
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InquiringMind View Post
Flickr was bought by SmugMug. The notice was sent out very recently.

For free - no cost email, I feel Tutanota is very good. Their web interface needs some revision, but they otherwise handle tasks well. GMX would be my runner up.

For a fee - Fastmail provides an excellent service at a very reasonable cost.

Everyone I know with Yahoo has been hacked multiple times.
Gmail is pretty hack resistant from outsiders, but Gmail itself reads your mail to target you with ads. Boo !!!

I suggest to the moderators that it would be a nice time for a poll regarding free and paid email providers.

Just Sharing.
FYI I have 3 Yahoo accounts...one I made in 2001..one i made in 2003 and i have one from 2007. I was NEVER been hacked...or otherwise compromised. Things is....you need to make a GOOD password,-) And change it maybe every 4-5 months....

I agree with other posters that Yahoo would NOT be my first choice for emailing private stuff. Not even second or third choice either...lol. I actualy stopped using yahoo as a regular mail account somewere back in 2009....

The last 3-4 years I am very charmed with Yandex and Mail.ru. TOP free email providers which are certainly onpar (technicaly) with Gmail imho. Gmail i only still use because I have an android Cellphone. Otherwise i would have ditched that too.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote