View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2017, 01:15 PM   #448
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

There is a refresh button on the current Fastmail user interface. It's shown as two arrows chasing each other in a circle, and it's located where the unread message count is shown for the currently selected folder. If there is a number there, just move your mouse over the current folder in the tree and you will see the refresh button. You can also use the u (update) keyboard shortcut on a PC.

To test the user interface update, just send a message to yourself that will appear in the Inbox (or any other folder which isn't hidden). You should see it appear within a couple of seconds after you click Send. The total time for me on both my PC and iPhone (Fastmail app) between clicking Send and seeing the update is less than 2 seconds. That's using a wired, WLAN, or cellular connection.

I'm in the US (Texas), about 1500 miles (2400 km) from the main Fastmail servers in New Jersey. If you have a slow network connection to Fastmail you should expect worse performance. I often find that WiFi hotspots have very poor connection speed to any destination.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote