View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2006, 02:09 AM   #22
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by paul33
i miss some functions,for example i want to see only subject of a mail and not a preview of the the mail, in gmail you can disable this,but not at inbox.com. contacted inbox support, and they did answer me,they will not create such a thing. all in all it seems to me they are not going to add new functions.
I don't see a preview of my messages, just a simple message listing. I can't recall whether or not I've ever changed the setting, but under Settings > Email: General settings > Browsing folders > View type, the radio button next to "Simple view - display a list of messages in the selected folder" is ticked. Perhaps your "View type" is set to "Split view - display a list of messages and message details on a single page"?

Edit: On second look, I do see a little of the message body displayed on the line next to the subject of each message. I guess this is probably what you mean by a "preview", what Gmail actually refers to as a "snippet". If so, you're right, I don't see any way to turn that off in Inbox.com. Nor does Gmail, which has been around longer, seem to have an option to show a split screen view.

Second edit: In response to your more general complaint about inbox.com, their slow rate of adding new features, while I've never even tried some of the features they already have (including POP3, since I rarely ever use it anymore), I'd rather see them concentrate on making the system work more reliably than it has been in my experience before adding any new features. If the service as it is was just more reliable, I'd be quite content with its current feature set.

Last edited by xmailer : 15 Dec 2006 at 03:53 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote